Cookie recipes are a great simple snack to make and the whole family will love them.
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- About ½ cup of Strawberry Jam
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter, add the vanilla and mix for a few more seconds.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until your mixture forms a dough.
- Dump the dough on a floured surface and pull it together in a disk. Wrap it in plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thick on a floured surface and using a cookie cutter cut into desired shape, making sure that half of the cookies have a little cut out in the center so the jam can show through when they are assembled.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and chill them in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, bake the cookies for about 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges, let them cool completely.
- Smear a little jam on one cookie and top it with another cookie making sure the top cookie has a little cut out so the jam shows through. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and enjoy!