The best Chiffon cake recipe, a great, simple and quick Chiffon cake recipe to try. Chiffon cake is a light and delicious dessert. It’s a classical American cake. The best part of this cake is its tender and soft texture because of the amount of canola oil used in baking it. This holds a consistent look in the cake’s texture. Here is the process in making it.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 14 oz cake flour
- 7 oz sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 egg whites
- 7 oz sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Take the egg yolks. Add oil, water and vanilla extract in it. Mix it gently.
- Now blend the egg yolks and flour together.
- Now blend the egg whites in a blender.
- Blend the egg whites till you get a foamy texture. Blend it at slow speed. Now add the sugar slowly, while blending it at the same time.
- Take a bowl. Add the cake batter in it. Now take one spoon of egg whites. Add in the batter and miss it gently. Keep on repeating the same step until all the egg white is mixed in the cake batter.
- Take two pans. Spray canola oil in it and sprinkle some flour.
- Now pour the mixture in those pans.
- Bake them in oven at the heat of 325 C for 30 minutes.