Chocolate Fudge Cake
The best Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe, a great, simple and quick Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe to try. Chocolate fudge cake is a dish for chocolate lovers. Although it’s cooked and admired globally, it was mainly originated from the United States of America. It’s full with sweetness and delicious when topped with whipped cream and chocolate ice cream. You will get yourself lost in the chocolate fudgy flavor and you won’t stop licking your fingers.
- 175 g (6 oz) butter
- 175 g (6 oz) plain flour
- 175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 40 g (1½ oz) ground almonds
- 40 g (1½ oz) cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g (8 oz) butter
- 250 g (8 oz) plain chocolate
- 60 g (2 oz) dark brown sugar (e.g. Muscavado or other unrefined cane sugar)
- 4 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Prepare the fudge by melting the butter in a pan over a very gentle heat.
- Once the butter has melted add in the chocolate and continue to stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Add in the sugar, milk and vanilla essence and stir for a few more minutes until the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a clean bowl and place in the ‘fridge to chill.
- Now make the cake. Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy and light.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and fold in with a spoon or spatula.
- Mix in the ground almonds and Golden Syrup. Add in sufficient milk to achieve a dropping consistency for the batter.
- Split the batter between two 8″ (20 cm) sandwich tins which have been greased and lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes. After baking the cakes should be springy to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tins, then allow to cool completely.
- Place one of the cakes on a plate and spread around one third of the fudge on the top of the cake.
- Place the second cake onto the first cake and press down slightly. Now cover the cake with the remaining fudge.
- Sprinkle on some grated chocolate and chill the cake in the ‘fridge for an hour or two so that the fudge sets.